Thursday, July 31

ASHer Roth

This dude Asher Roth is sick, I can't even lie... and I don't think anybody who's staying on top of hip-hop right now can overlook him. He claims that he is the "Burbs' first person to murder a verse", and he has done just that on just about every track I've heard from him thus far. So... for all of you who are not yet familiar, you better get familiar, cause this college kid is gonna take the game by storm.

First up is "A Millie", which just about everybody has gotten on, so I'm not suprised that Ash followed. If not my favorite remix, this one is up there and a must download.

Next up is his internet-acclaimed The Greenhouse Effect mixtape hosted by Don Cannon & DJ Drama. This is one of the best mixtapes I've heard this year. This mixtape puts him up there with Ya Boy on my list of favorite mixtape artists. And that's what I feel Ash will be... I haven't heard the expected single "College Kid" that he is promising us in the fall, but I feel his style is more meant for the mixtapes. So take this one for what is it- a college kid who loves music making some feel good tracks and ripping a handful of beats. 


Stay tuned for more Ash updates, and I'll put the "Roth Boys" video up later tonight.

Keep it locked.

JB

No comments: